Monday 17 June 2013

Starting a portfolio

    This post might not contain too many pictures but it's because of the fact that I wanted to be a little more cruel when it comes to picture selection. And talking about picture selection, I wanted to start a portfolio for some time now and I finally made some time to do it. I actually begun doing it, and I'll put a link at the end of this post.
Let's go to the pictures! I shot theese, again, with my Tamron 55-200. And this my the picture a little hard to create. My minimum focal length was 55 mm., so keep that in mind for a second. I wanted to take a shot of a motionless person and the background moving in front of him. This is why a low shutter speed was required. To capture the movement I had to go as low as 1/20th of a second. Keeping in mind it was shot at 55mm., I think it's really sharp enough. How I did is I learnt a trick from thatnikonguy, a youtube channel. I took a burst of 5 pictures, so 2 out of 5 were sharp like this one.

The second one I like because of the blending between the cyclist and the woman. That's all really...

So, here is the link to my developing portfolio:
Also, don't forget to check out this timber cutting competition I shot recently.

Thanks a lot and, once again, constructive feedback would be greately appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment