Friday 31 May 2013

First full night of editing

    The title of the post reflects what I’ve been doing the last days every evening. So, I had 3 sets of unselected and unedited shots, plus I had to create the events blog, plus the fact that I had to post something on here made me „work” all evening. It’s never happened to me before, because I usually just downloaded the photos, edited them, posted them on my g+ collection and writing the blog post, plus a little sharing afterwards. Now, having to go through hundreds of pictures taken during three events took quite a lot of time. But I think I’ll have to get used to it, since I’ll be going to Italy for two weeke in the 20th of June and I’m not sure how much time I’ll have for actually editing shots.
     Also, another thing that happened is that I just ordered myself a new lens. It’s not much, but there was one reason why I bought the Tamron 55-200mm AF lens. I’m currently waiting for it... So, basicly, I really wanted a tele, but didn’t have too much money to spend on it. That, plus the fact that I’m not sure how much will I use a tele. So the only reason I went for the Tamron was because of it’s size and decent image quality. Doing a lot of street shots, I really needed something to give me that focal range, but also not to attract attention.

    Luckily for me, this day compensated inspirational-wise to the other one, so I was able to create some nice (I think) pictures.
    I also had the oportunity to talk to two differetn persons with 2 different perspectives. The first one is a physics teatcher that’s hosting a photography circle(I think that’s how it’s called). We were talking about cameras and what would mean for me going to that group, and straight away he started talking about shooting events and stuff like that... Basicaly he was automaticly talking about making money... The second person is called Mircea Albu and is the founder of an art association that hosted the exhibition I participated. Again, we talked about his projects and all we talked about was the art part in photography, we never went in the whole money-making thing. I appreciated that he said that too many people take pictures just for money, and the ones that take shots for the art and not just for money are really rare theese days.
    Ok, so this was it.Feedback would be really appreciated. You can find all of my pictures on my google plus account.

    Also, don’t forget to check my other blog, tudorphotoevents.blogspot.ro.



No comments:

Post a Comment