Wednesday 27 March 2013

Playing with... aaahh... lights?

    So, today I wanted to change things a bit and to add a new challendge. I tried, with my kit lens, to to some home cheap studio photography.
   
    The equipment I used were the camera, a tripod, two flashlights (not in all shots), some paper, sticky tape, cardboard and the subject. Speaking about the subject, I went round the house looking for something proper to shoot. O finally found an old russian film camera and the film next to it, so I thought that might be a great subject.

    I put two white big toy boxes (cardboard) perpendicular to the white wall in the background, in order to let the light bounce off the edges. I didn't want a white background, so a glossy black rigid magazine did the trick. In order to create a more focused ligth out of the flashlight, I created a paper cone around it  and sticked it with sticky tape.  Then, to create the gradient in the background i used my phone's flash. The actual phone was hidden by the subject, and the light of the flash was more difused than the flashlight's ones, so it made a great radient in the background.

 
 
    A plus added to the photo, I think, is the framing. It's quite unconventional, isn't it?


 
 
    
 
    The latest picture, as you can see on google plus, it's more focused than it appears here, but that is because, again, I had to resize it from the HTML code of the post, and that afected the quality.
 
    Ending with a photographer's "quote", he said: "So I convinced a little chinese boy on his bike to come on a narrow dark street so I can flash him...". This is actually taken from a digitalrev TV episode which, by the way, I find quite interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment