Saturday 12 October 2013

The prime project

    I finally te step forward and bought a prime lens for my DSLR. Sure, it's no 50mm f1.2 or 35mm f1.4, it is in fact the well-known Canon 50 mm f1.8. As I did with my Tamron telephoto lens, I didn't want to go spend a lot of cash on a lens I wasn't sure how much use would it get. I must say, even at 80 bucks, that's how much I spent, this lens produces some great colors and sharpness.

    I did say last time I would come out with a review on the features an older DSLR misses, and I am intending to keep my promise. So, stay tuned for the review.
    Going back to street photography, the first shots were taken with the kit 18-55, wanting to stop shooting with my telephoto lens.

The first one is taken really wide because I wanted to incorporate the architecture of the city in the shot. I realize it would have been way better to get closer, but at this stage I simply can't. That is one of the reasons I got my 50mm, to force myself to get phisicaly closer, not just with the zoom.

    You have to take into account the fact that these last pictures were just tests, but I promise the next post will incorporate some real street photography. Getting to the shot, I only had 15 minutes to play around with the lens, so the area I could go was quite limiting.

    This last one is probably one of the last ones I actually took that day. I realize it is not a great shot, but still there are some elements I enjoy about it. Like, for example, the far background between the trees or the piston of the subject's feet.

    So, here are my initial impressions on the lens: it is really nice, compact and light, great image quality for the price and also plenty sharp with good colors. There is no point in writing a separate review for the lens, but I can say that all the good reviews out there are true.

    This was it for today,I promise the next pay will be better, and i know it will.

    Don't forget to check my portfolio at tudorsphotos.weebly.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment