Tuesday 15 October 2013

How do you know you got a good shot?

    I am not going to talk a lot about this topic, but I am going to say how I know when I get a good shot. Usually, like 95% of cases, I know it just after I press the shutter. It's an instant feeling, and I love when I get more that one per day. And this was exactly the case theese last two days.
    I didn't think going shooting with a prime would help so much, but I started seeing things differently (see the story here). I think before I couldn't decide how a scene would look, because I had to go through many perspectives given by the zoom lens. On the other side, with a fixed focal length, I managed to see things faster, and, more important, get closer.
   
And, surprisingly for me, the whole "getting closer to people" thing didn't work as I expected. It came naturally, like I had been doing this for ages, even if I hadn't. But still, I realized I am able to see things I could not see before, just because I took the zooming thing out of my mind.



I like variation, even though I can't allways avhieve it. Stil, in my opinion, this is one of the happy cases where I got a little bit of everything.
Initially, I wanted to go for a full silouette effect, but later I thought that seeing a little bit of his shirt could only add dimension to the person.

This is one of those pictures when you get in front of the computer and say "I didn't know I caught that...". I am refering to the flying pidgeon, of course. 

For some reason or another, I love this image. He has a kind of a "look into your soul" face expression. Also, shooting just the board would have been booring, so I decided to put him in context.

I am really pleased of theese two days, and I think, from here, my pictures will only get better as I try out new things...
Also, I can't decide on a favourite, so leave a comment to see which one is the one you like.
Thanks again, "see" you next time!(I hope so...)

No comments:

Post a Comment