Thursday 19 September 2013

The best camera is the one you have with you (extra)

    I took this quote from Chase Jarvis, and it really represented my situation that day. I was in Piatra Neamt to time an Enduro Contest, and didn't think I would get the ocasion to shoot some pictures, so I didn't bring my DSLR or something like that. But, once I got there, I tried to get the most out of a 5 megapixel Nokia Lumia 710 camera.
All theese pictures were taken using an in camera contrast compensation of +1 and saturation bumped up to +1. Also, I used prefocusing for the bike shots.

Here's the proof that, with a little panning techhnique, you can get tac sharp images even of fast moving objects through a mobile phone.

I tried to incorporate some leading lines from the roof in this shot...

This is one of my best landscapes. Even when shooting with a phone, I payed attention to the position of the orange cabin for example and composition. In the end, it's not the low ISO or aperture that makes a good image great, it's the moment captures.

Same landscape, higher angle. It's allways worth experimenting.

I tried to catch some silhouetted kind of picture, and I think it turned out great!

And finally, the metering. I kept changing between frame average and center spot for getting the best results.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind showing theese pictures to someone, even though they were taken with a phone. In the end, it's the photographer that takes the picture, not the camera. It will never take a picture by itself, it needs the human eye to frame and compose a shot. Sometimes, the limitations of a camera can actually bring the best out of a photographer...

One more thing, I have not post-processed theese shots in Lightroom, they are straight from the camera.

Don't forget to chack out my website and tell me what do you think about my portfolio... tudorsphotos.weebly.com. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment