Monday 22 July 2013

National Mountainbike XCO Championship

    Although I did participate in this contest, and it has been one of the most exciting races I've ever done, I will not talk about how I did and so on... I will talk about the pictures I took during the Elite's race, and how I likw to take pictures of MTB races.
I tried to change positions after each lap, so that I could get more interesting perspectives. This first one was actually my first shot, so it came out quite good.

The equipment I used was my Canon 20D with the 18-55 shot at 18mm for a wide perspective. I used shutter speeds of 125/1 to 250/1, depending on how much blur I wanted in the background. I wanted it to be blurred, but not undistingueshable.

I don't really like shooting Mountainbiking with a tele like a 70-200... I prefer the more dramatic, wide-angle lens look. 

Also, I really enjoy using a flash for theese pictures. It really helps bring out the subjects from the background. Actually, I had to put a white piece of paper in front of the flash in order to make the light a bit less harsh.

This is how I like to shoot cycling races, and it may completely differ from other styles. By the way, don't forget to check my portfolio and not only at http://tudorsphotos.weebly.com/.

You can check out all the pics here.

No comments:

Post a Comment