Monday 29 July 2013

Enduro is loud... And painfull...

    Funny thing is, even though I did not race, I found it a little painful... The rocks thrown by the tires were flying all over through the air.
    As the title says, I went and photographed an enduro race. I didn't have the same amount of oportunities lately to shoot street photography, even though I still love it, but I compensated with some sports photography... I might actually go photograph a tennis contest and who knows, maybe I'll win something :). Sports photography is something I like because of its diversity. And this is what I tried this time, some shots are froze, some have a blurred backfround, some are low, some are from high above.... basicaly they are diverse... Here are some of the best in my opinion...
This is probably my favourite of the set. I used the Canon 20D with 18-55 and my trusty old Canon Speedlite 199A on which you can find a review here. I used a 250th of a second shutterspeed and f8 I think at ISO 400.

This was shot in Av mode (or A on Nikon and Fuji) at f4, ISO 100. I like the idea of the biker coming in in the background...

For this one I had to build up a little courage... Theese ATVs and QUADs  threw the most rocks, so getting that low could be quite scary. Actually, the guy who was timing stood in front of the laptop in order for the screen not to be smashed and another one grabbed a chair as a shield...

I did some B&W shots too, because I love the way monochrome pictures look. They are a little more dramatic in my opinion... So, this was it for today, I might go take some other shots before the tenis thing...

You can find all the pictures by clicking here.
(Puteti gasi toate fotografiile aici.)

Check out my website http://tudorsphotos.weebly.com/ by clicking on the link. 

Also, my review on the Canon 20D is coming soon, see how can it cope to the modern world...

No comments:

Post a Comment