Sunday 4 August 2013

Photographing tennis is not as easy as it might seem...

    I saw this contest on the internet on shooting a tennis tournament so I thought I'll go for it. Basicaly, I went there, spent more than 5 hours in total in the sun, but I think I learned quite a bit...
First of all, timing in tennis photography is key. I probably have 600 backhand shots, and only one or two are with the player in the exact right position.

Little things like the racket being one centimeter off and covering someone's face can ruin a picture.

Also, one BIG thing to consider is the background. Noisy and busy backgrounds can also ruin a fantastic pose from the player.

Getting different angles is also important. I talked to a photographer from Nikon and he told me that a really important thing in such a sport is to move around, keep changing your shooting angles.

And the last thing, get close! Sure, with the zoom:). The better pictures are the one that are closer to the subject, even if sometimes you cut off some legs or thing like that.

One more thing, PLEASE help me qualify in the judging of a photo contest by entering this link https://www.facebook.com/winnerscluj and liking the pictures of Tudor Stupariu, which is my FB profile. Sure, while you're there, feel free to like any other images, there are some good ones there too. I need 20 likes per photo to qualify for the judging, so if you like my work, please stop by and help me qualify :).

No comments:

Post a Comment