Monday 7 April 2014

Cityscapes of my home town

    A couple months ago, after finishing shooting some landscapes, I walked through the city home with all the gear and, with a moment of sudden inspiration, I decided to take some night-time street images. This post ain't too much talking, I just want to showcase my work and get your opinion on it. You can find the higher quality images in here: www.flickr.com/photos/spizdi/sets/72157640416484185/

This is an image that's a bit different from the ones I took from the top of the hill, but I managed to save it in post, since the exposure difference between the sky and ground level was huge. It's different in the way that it's the only image from the hill which was not shot with a telephoto lens.


Light trails were not my goal, but in a busy city, at night, they are inevitable.

The same spot, just a different angle. I don't understand why people use star filters on their lenses, when you can get the same effect in camera at the right aperture.

Finally, I got pretty close to oncoming cars, I could feel the vibrations in the road as cars were passing by. This is the last image in the set, some more street shots are coming soon to the blog.

Thanks and don't forget to check out my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/tudoraxr and the      full res images on flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/spizdi/sets/72157640416484185/

Edit: I've got no idea why there are those white borders around my images, I'll sort them out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment